Tuesday 17 September 2013

Welcome back No7 Mousse Foundation

So I may be late in realising that the No7 Beautifully matte mousse foundation is back. Mostly because when I find a make up product I like, I am very loyal to it and will repeat buy. As they discontinued this Mousse foundation a couple of years back, I stopped buying from them. Sad to say, but true, it's just how I am.
Ever since No7 stopped selling this foundation I have been trying to find another product which I loved as much, I have tried so many brands such as Clinique and benefit, but I just couldn't replace it.

On my latest trip to the Mall I knew I needed to get a new foundation as I'm nearly out. I decided to go to the No7 stand to see if  the make up artist could get a good match from their colour device.
This is when I found out the mousse foundation was back. I'm so excited to have this back in my life, no more hunting around.
Even better is the new improved pot it comes in, a plain round one. Far better than the Glass bottle it used to come in, if any of you used this, you will know how much of a pain it was to get the mousse from underneath the lip of the jar.

This Mousse foundation is for normal / oily skin types and gives medium coverage. I feel it is so soft and easy to blend, giving a flawless finish.

Although this fantastic Foundation has made a come back, it's not getting the usual thumbs up from all the previous lovers. As I could tell from reading the ratings on the boots website the shades have changed and people are not purchasing because of this. Will No7 be able to turn this around? I hope so because it is such a great product that people are obviously missing.

It still gets 5 stars from me, I hope it doesn't disappear any time soon because as I have found out, it can take years to find a good foundation.







Have you tried this foundation? I have it in Cool Ivory, So glad this product is back.

10 comments:

  1. Here in the U.S., Target stores carry the Boots brand. I discovered this foundation a couple years ago and fell in love! Have not wanted to use anything else! The packaging is a bit different here and the shade range is different, but it's the same product, same ingredients. Sadly Target stores stopped carrying this particular foundation from Boots. Worried it was being discontinued, I bought a bunch of jars in my shade (Blonde) from drugstore.com - sure enough I could no longer find it in any stores or anywhere online! I have 3 jars left in my shade (Blonde) that will last me quite a while. But still I've been really sad thinking it's completely discontinued. However the product as pictured in your post seems to be the same exact thing re-packaged and I have been able to find it available again on drugstore.com - so happy! Now I just need to cross my fingers that one of the 3 shades will suit me. We had a wider shade selection here in the US of, at least 5 shades I think. It was called Intelligent Balance Mousse foundation :) Looking at your pictures, this looks very similar to my shade... I really hope at least one of them is that same shade because it is the perfect shade for me! Would you say this is truly cool though? It doesn't look cool despite the name Cool Ivory. So excited this is not discontinued after all! :D Also I like this new jar shape better, looks like it will be easier to get every last bit of product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness I was so excited I didn't even fully read your post to see you had also mentioned the improved jar shape! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for your comment. I'm glad you have found a supplier near you.
    Blonde was the shade I used before they changed so hopefully it should suit you. I don't know why it's called cool ivory as it is rather warm, I never really use ivory as I find it too pale for me, so was surprised when this matched.
    Like you said it doesn't look very cool, which I totally agree with.
    I hope it suits you too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot find this anywhere!!!! :'( it was my favorite makeup ever and was sooo sad when they discontinued it!!! Does anyone have a link to buy the new one? I tried drugstore.com but it wasn't available there :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been searching for years. Has anyone found anything that compares?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been searching for years. Has anyone found anything that compares?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have been searching to replace this amazing foundation. It's so frustrating to see that it is still sold in the UK but not in the US. I have yet to find anything comparable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have been searching to replace this amazing foundation. It's so frustrating to see that it is still sold in the UK but not in the US. I have yet to find anything comparable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been discontinued again in the UK, but I've found it on ebay here in the UK. You could probably get it on ebay and shipped to USA?! Desperate measures but it's an amazing foundation, so worth it!

    ReplyDelete